When dealing with Shinhan Bank (Cambodia) Plc. “Bank”. Bank is likely to collect and use some of your information, including details about your transactions, your financial conditions, your account relationship with Bank and/or your Account(s) (herein collectively referred to as “Information”).Bank explains below when and how Bank may collect and use your Information.
Scope of the Private Policy
This Private Policy applies to the use or the management of all information, data, and communications made via, received by, or developed through Bank’s Website.
Collection of your Information by Bank
Bank may, to the extent permitted by Law, collect and use your Information as below:
- to assist in providing information about a product or service;
- to consider your request for a product or service;
- to enable Bank to provide a product or service;
- to inform you about other products or services that may be of interest to you;
- to perform other administrative and operational tasks (including risk management, systems development and testing, credit scoring, staff training and market or customer satisfaction research);
- as required by relevant laws, regulations and external payment systems, whether inside or outside the Kingdom of Cambodia.
Absence of relevant Information
In case you do not provide some or all of the information requested, Bank may be unable to provide you with a product or service.
Disclosures by Bank
Subject to Bank’s general duties of confidentiality towards Bank’s customers and to the extent permitted by Law, by applying for and/or continuing to use the Bank products and/or service, you agree that Bank may use and disclose your Information to:
- any Bank Group Member;
- any office, branch, affiliate, subsidiary, employee or agent of a Bank Group Member or to its auditors or legal advisers;
- credit reporting or debit collecting agencies;
- any outsourced provider, agents and contractors which Bank or any Bank Group Member engages to carry out or assist its banking functions and activities,
- regulatory bodies, government agencies, law enforcement bodies and courts within or outside of the Kingdom of Cambodia;
- other parties Bank is authorized or required by Law inside the Kingdom of Cambodia or by law in any other country to disclose Information to;
- other banks and financial institutions;
- your authorized agents or your executor, administrator or legal representative;
- any person where in Bank’s view, the disclosures are necessary or desirable for the purpose of allowing Bank to perform its duties and exercise its powers and rights under these Terms and Conditions;
- any person as Bank shall in its absolute discretion think fit.
Accessing your Information held by Bank
To the extent permitted by Law, you may access and request correction of your Information at any working time by asking to do so at your Bank branch.
The Account Holder is liable for any actual loss of funds or any interception of information through any unauthorized access to the Account Holder’s Account(s) if the Account Holder or an Authorized User contributed to the unauthorized access:
- through your fraud or negligence;
- by voluntarily disclosing your Password to anyone including a family member or friend;
- by keeping a record of the Password (without making any reasonable attempt to disguise it);
- with the User ID;
- on any article carried with the User ID; or
- which may be lost or stolen at the same time as the User ID;
- by choosing a Password that is easily identified with you, such as your birth date, car registration, telephone number or your name;
- by otherwise acting with extreme carelessness in failing to protect the security of your Password or User ID and failing to comply with Bank’s security guidelines.
Comply With Bank’s Security Guidelines.
- are caused by the fraudulent or negligent conduct of Bank’s employees or agents;
- related to faults that occur in the Bank Internet Banking system, unless the faults are obvious or advised by message or notice on display;
- arise from transactions that require the use of any Password that occur before you have received or selected the Password (including a reissued Password);
- result from an unauthorized transaction that occurs after you have notified Bank that the security of your Password has been breached;
- result from the same transaction being incorrectly debited more than once to the same account;
- result from an unauthorized transaction if it is clear that you have not contributed to the losses.
Liability of the Bank
The Bank shall not take any responsibility for any loss or damage arising directly or indirectly special, incidental, or consequential loss or damage from viewing and/or using the Bank’s Website, especially for the case that information of the Account Holder/User is stolen or hacked by any means or for whatsoever reason.